I’m here to teach you how to create a blog. Before teaching you let me tell you the actual meaning of blogging or blog. If you’re going to start a blog first of all you need to know about the meaning.
Let me Explain!
Introduction to Blog and Blogging.
Blog is the small type of website in which you’ve to add articles, post, pages or media regularly to reach your followers this process is known as blogging.
For Example: If you’re a Facebook user and you’re running a health tips page and if you’ve a blog or website on health topic then you can add tips regularly in the form of post or videos to reach your audience.
I know updating blog regularly is tough but if you really want to earn online then you’ve to become regular only in that case you can get excellent results. So, blog is another type of website.
There are two main types of website exists in the digital marketing world
- Static: The website which contains the information about the product, institute or anything else the website relates to and remains stable. Oh! no more confusion, I mean to say that the website which we don’t update regular and remains constant is known as static website.
- Dynamic: The website which contains information about anything and we update regularly to stay in touch with followers and visitors is known as dynamic website or blog.
The reason of telling you about the types of website is only that you should know about the difference between a blog and website.
How to Start a Blog
I know you’re excited to create your own blog but before starting I’m just going to make it easier because you’re a newbie and it’s very difficult for you to understand now. Well, here are some steps which would be very beneficial for you to start a blog.
Follow these steps and become a successful blogger.
Selection of Blogging Platform:
Blogging platforms are the blog builder which assists you to create your own blog. If you don’t know about the computer language you don’t have to worry just choose a blogging platform and create your own blog.
I’ll tell you about the blogging platforms but, before choosing you need to know about the difference between blogging platforms.
Here are many platforms but I’ll mention popular blogging platforms:
- Blogger: The blogger platform is founded and currently managed by Google. It is the first platform which introduced blogging. In fact Blogger is the only platform which started to spread blogging awareness in users in 1999. It is easy to use, but it doesn’t provide you additional features or functionalities. If you want to make your blog simple then go for it.
- WordPress: WordPress is the CMS (Content Management System) released in 2003 and currently one of the top blogging platforms because It is infinite in features and functionalities and according to me It’s the best platform.
- Tumblr: The Tumblr is also one of the top blogging platforms because It provides you the news feed where you can follow other blogs and others can follow yours.
- Wix: Wix is the platform in through which you can create your own blog by just drag and drop, In this platform you also don’t need to learn any language but according to me It’s not suitable for you.
These blogging platforms help you to create, design and manage your blog. You can manage your content there but each blogging platform is specific in functionalities and usage.
I’ll Recommend you to choose WordPress because It is easy to manage, use and design. You can enjoy with a lot of features and functions you will never find anywhere else.
Selection of Niche:
Niche is the term which means the topic. If you’ve any interest or hobby you are fond of, You can create a blog on that but if you’re going to buildup a long term business then you’ve to target that niche which has great audience and searches. The more visitors your blog or website gets the more you earns.
The selection of niche is the first and most important step for you which is the future of your digital marketing career, If you’re selecting a good topic which is easy to manage and have great audience then go for it.
Custom Domain and Web Hosting:
Custom domain is the name of your website and web hosting is the server where you can host your website.
Confused? Let Me Show You an Example!
For Example: www.iamSpider.com is the domain name and .com is the extension of domain. If you want to create your website or blog you have to buy your custom domain name from the domain providers.
Now the question is, where my data will be stored? So You’ve to buy a server or web hosting where you can store your website data. You can buy any type of server or web hosting It depends upon your choice. The server or web hosting are variant according to their quality and it also depends upon the Ram, Space and Bandwidth of the server.
Use of Free Blog:
Hey! Are you worried? If you can’t buy domain or hosting You don’t have to worry about that. You can also create a free blog on blogging platforms but in that case you’re limited and restricted in your blogging career.
Disadvantages of Free Blog:
- Your blog is not secure.
- Blog providers can delete your content and blog anytime.
- You are restricted to add some type of content including hacking or adult content.
- Your data will be stored on the blog provider’s server.
- Your blog URL is ugly and difficult to tell anyone.
- Your are restricted in customization of your blog’s design and some additional features.
Your blog URL will be like this:
If you can’t buy domain and hosting, don’t worry just choose WordPress blogging platform and create a free blog but you’ve to take care about their policies.
Selection of Theme:
Selection of theme or design is another thing which can’t be compromised. I know including me we just love the design which contains a lot of designs and graphics but Google crawler hates images and all graphics because it is the main reason that your website takes a lot time to load.
Here I’ll mention a quote
All that glitters is not gold
So try to select the theme which is mobile friendly because now a days you’ll find 90% of your traffic will be from mobile or tablets so It’s an important factor that your blog or website should be fit on each type of screen.
You should confirm that your blog is SEO friendly or not, before installing any theme on your blog.
Well you don’t need to become a designer or a develop to design your blog. You can get free or premium pre-built themes to enhance your blog design.
In posts area you can add articles you want to share on your blog. You can add text content, media including videos, gifs and much more. You’ll find text tool bar through which you can add variations in your fonts and colors.
You can add multiple posts on your selected niche or topic. In blogging you’ve to add posts regularly with proper manner. As you already know from 1st standard to masters level we’re listening that adding or paragraphs and headings enhance your writing so here you’ve to apply these strategies.
In pages you can add authority pages of your website including:
- Contact Us
- About Us
- Terms of Service
- You’ve to choose WordPress for your blogging platform because It has infinite features and functionalities.
- You’ve to buy domain and hosting from secure web hosting providers because loading of website is most important factor.
- Try to use SEO and mobile friendly theme, It will enhance your website ranking and makes your website attractive.
- I’ve mentioned some internal links, Try to read out all the posts which are linked above in the form of hyperlink or anchor text.
- Observe the difference between post and pages.
- In the internal links you will find the related content.